I am still slowly tweaking necessities of dealing with physical objects. The last pass through my demonstration program produced more observations than code.
I am still making progress through the chapters on operator overloading, stream input and output, and file handling, and skipping ahead, to structures and character handling. I spent far more time than I should have trying to debug my implementation of the elevator simulator, but I finally found and killed the bug. I had a false start on the game of Life in the data structures book, but I finally got the program skeleton, stubs, and the necessary input function all working together. There’s still more copying than original programming, but in the process I get a chance to follow the logic of a program, what each statement does, and why it is necessary. I would not get that if I simply copied the program from the disc that goes with a book.